Where to Find Vanessa:
After the birth of her son Vanessa Merten leveraged her struggles to find a good pregnancy resource into the Pregnancy Podcast. Her passion to help parents navigate pregnancy, birth, and being a new parent has evolved into one of the top rated podcasts on iTunes for Pregnancy and her show reaches thousands of expecting parents each week. Vanessa lives in San Diego with her husband, Rob, and her two year old son, Reef.
THINGS VANESSA AND I CHAT ABOUT:
- How her podcast, a researched based show called Pregnancy Podcast came to be
- Why it was so important for Vanessa to create a resource that gives women the space to make the decision that is best for them
- No one size fits all in pregnancy and motherhood
- The pressure to do things the way everyone else does
- No panicking when things don’t go according to plan
- How motherhood and kids changes friendships
- Working full-time and being the family bread winner
- Making yourself a priority and taking time for self-care
- Remembering that nothing lasts forever, the good and the bad, it is all just a season.